Information for first time users - Please read completely before use!
Spa Marvel™ Cleanser application directions
Spa Marvel® Cleanser is a fast acting proprietary cleanser that penetrates deep inside your spa’s plumbing and equipment, removing organic, mineral and chemical contaminants as well as biofilm. In brand new spas, Spa Marvel™ Cleanser removes residues leftover from the manufacturing process.
• Remove the spa filters.
• Add one bottle of Spa Marvel® Cleanser into existing water. Run jets on high for at least 1 hour and then allow to circulate for another 23 hours. If your tub does not have a circulating pump that runs 24 hours a day, then you would need to leave the Cleanser in for a longer period of time to compensate for this. For example, if your spa is programmed to circulate 12 hours a day, then you would need to keep the Cleanser in for 2 days to achieve 24 hours of circulation (12 hours a day for 2 days = 24 hours, 8 hours a day for 3 days = 24 hours, etc.)
• Drain, flush (rinse the filter well, run water through each jet etc.), clean and thoroughly rinse the tub. Repeat before every drain and refill.
• Do not use the spa during the cleansing process.
• Clean both sides of the spa cover. If the cover is cracked or torn, we recommend it be replaced. The inside of spa covers have been known to harbour mould and bacteria, all of which drip from condensation through the cover back into the spa water.
Spa Marvel™ Water Treatment application directions
• Replace the filters with new or PROPERLY cleaned filters (using a product such as Spa Marvel™ Filter Cleaner). Most spa manufactures recommend replacing catridge filters annually.
• Refill the spa.
• Add one Spa Marvel® Water Treatment for up to 2000 litres (500 gallons) of spa water and heat to desired temperature. (In a new spa, add one half bottle and the other half in six weeks.)
• Balance alkalinity (80-120) and then pH (7.2-8.2) if necessary.
• Allow spa water to circulate a minimum of 6 hours per day, and even longer if possible. If you have a Softub brand hot tub or similiar low-circulation spa that cannot run 6 hours a day, you will need to compensate for the lack of circulation by adding a marginal amount of sanitizer to keep the water pristine.
• Properly clean the filters weekly or as needed using a product such as Spa Marvel™ Filter Cleaner.
• One bottle of Spa Marvel® lasts up to three months. When the water starts to lose its 'silky' feeling, or in 3 months, add another bottle of Spa Marvel® to the spa water.
• We recommend draining and replacing the spa water at least once every year.
• Spa Marvel™ is not a sanitizer. The Spa Marvel Company Inc. recommends that you follow spa water treatment as per local regulatory agency guidelines and use sanitizer as required.
Properly cleaned filters are pivotal to the success of Spa Marvel®. If your filters are not sufficiently maintained you may experience musty odours and/or cloudy water as a result. The spa industry recommends allowing a filter to dry completely before reinstalling (for best results) and replacing a filter after one year of use.
Spa Marvel® Filter Cleaner directions
• Remove filters from spa.
• Add 2 capfuls of Spa Marvel® Filter Cleaner to up to 20 litres (5 gallons) of fresh water in a pail.
• Soak filter overnight in the solution.
• Rinse debris from filter with a strong stream of fresh water. Showers and kitchen sink taps often do not provide enough pressure to remove deep-seated debris from the filters. If discolouration remains between the pleats of the filter after cleaning then the filter still contains debris. Stronger streams of water may be necessary. Pressure washing the filters works very well to remove deep-seated debris and will not tear the filters. If you do not have access to a pressure washer consider using the pressure washer at the coin-operated car wash.
• It is easer to keep your filter clean than it is to clean a filter!
• Shower First: Showering will reduce the introduction of dirt, oils, hair products, deodorants, makeup, perfume etc. to the spa.
• Keep the Air On: Spa Marvel® works better with air in the water. Leave the air intakes "open" between uses to maximize Spa Marvel's effects. It is better if you can point the jets upwards to increase water agitation when you are not in the spa.
• Clean Your Filters: The Spa Marvel® relies heavily on filtration. Regular and prober cleaning of the spa's filters using a product such as Spa Marvel® Filter Cleaner are pivotal to the success of using Spa Marvel®.
• Maintain Water Level: Water should be at least 7 1/2 centimeters (3 inches) above filter intake. Low water levels will lead to cloudy water.
• Avoid Detergents: Bathing suits and clothing will retain detergent left over from laundering. This detergent will dissolve in the water and create foam. To prevent this, wash bathing attire in water without any detergent to ensure it is free of detergent. Alternatively, don't wear any clothing into the spa.
• Increase Circulation: Too little circulation may lead to water quality issues.
ENJOY Spa Marvel®, the lowest maintenance, completely natural, non-chemical, safe skin
conditioning product made exclusively for the hot tub industry!